Hello fellow supporters. Although our website took a few months to revamp, we are now happy to update you on our efforts since January. We want you all to know that we have been hard at work as always and the following are some of the highlights since January. Thank you so so much for your continued support so that many galgos and podencos lives are changed for the better!
1) Solvang Greyhound Gathering - Solvang CA, February 2011. Telma Shaw did a Power Point Presentation on her Fall trip to Spain. It was very well received and a few exciting things are in the works because of it..updates to follow. Donations collected went to help several galgos who were in dire need. Thanks everyone who supported the event!
Dog Days Event - April 1, 2011 San Luis Obispo - Laura White our newest volunteer who came to Solvang just to hear about the galgos, coordinated this event in her home town and set up a booth in order to raise money so she can buy fleece to continue making coats for our galgos! Thank you Laura, Marci Jones and friends!!
3) Rocky and Marlo two Galgos come to the U.S. April 20, 2011 - Thanks to Silva Bordetas Gil of Galgo Connection Spain and Greyt Friends of GA who helped us bring these two Jerez Galgos to the U.S. A great team effort was accomplished and now Marlo is in Denver with Greyhound mom Kay Roberts of Colorado Greyhound Adoption. Rocky is in foster care with Greyt Friends for the time being. Both dogs doing fantastic!
4) Our Shelter Aid Funds and various donations went out to the following shelters Jan thru May 1) Galgo Connection Spain 2) Galgos en Familia 3) 112CarlotasGalos 4) Galgos del Sol 5) San Anton Shelter
5) EAF (Emergency Assitance Fund) helped 1) Scooby Medina shetler and the hundreds of dogs they received from Sevilla and 2) Gran Familia with a special case of a hung galga. Julia is doing well now.
6) Hundreds of coats were sents to 1)San Anton shelter through coat maker Barbara Bowen and to other shelters made by Nancy Nelson and Laura White. Many dogs stayed warm thanks to our hard working seamstresses! Coats, collars and leashes also sent to various smaller shelters through friends in Spain.
7) Scores of galgos were helped by receiving medical attention with the funding that was sent to the various associations and many galgos are now in forever homes in Europe thanks to the help they received from our supporters! Thank You so much..
Stay tuned for updates on Fundraisers in the future, our on-line auction later this summer and other exciting rescue stories from our friends in Spain.